Reading an Uwatek Smart Pro dive log

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Knavey

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have four old logbooks from computers I had in 2006. I have been out of diving for a while and am going to start back up, but would like access to those logs.

They are Uwatek Smart Pro computers that are dead. No access to the computer, but I have the old files on a laptop backup.

They are .slg files, and I have not found a way to convert them to excel or even csv.

I have Scubapros LogTrak installed, and it does not see the files.

I installed Subsurface also, but it is not recognizing it either.

Anyone out there have another idea?

I found this reference after a few moments of searching:

4.3.4. Importing Scubapro SmartTrak divelogs​

SmartTrak stores the raw data from a Uwatec/Scubapro dive computer along with a plethora of other data manually added by the user, ranging from dive points to buddies data or DAN survey info. However, this is Microsoft Windows-based proprietary software by Uwatec (today Scubapro) using Microsoft Access databases, preventing the integration the importer into the Subsurface core application.
A stand alone tool for Linux has been developed to import the .slg files generated by SmartTrak to Subsurface’s .xml format. It can be downloaded from the usual Subsurface repository, as a Windows installer or a Linux AppImage. The application is not currently supported on Mac.
It can also be built for Linux systems. Two dependencies need to be met in your system before building: glib2.0 and mdbtools (see below).

It seems there is an opensource converter, which could then be opened in SubSurface.

Grr...ran across a similar discussion about this on another old thread but I have no experience with Linux. And not sure even where to start with that.

What about the old Uwatek program? Any chance anyone has the old disc lying around that would loan it to me?:D

AND....I just found my old Uwatek disc. And an old laptop...no, not from 2006 but still, lets see if I can get it running!

Ha! Got it working. Old laptop, had to download some database program from MS, but it works! Sometimes just talking about it helps you figure out what you are going to do.

Thanks for reading!

So...got it installed. Had to put an old MS jet program on there and it works now. Even let's me edit and save. Still looking for something other than a Linux workaround, but may have to go that route to download my data from it.

Diving Log can read .slg files and export to Excel, CSV and UDDF.
I am also trying to import old logbooks in slg format.
I have read posts from you saying your software can do this.
I have tried to import them but I'm (obviously) doing something wrong here.

I have chosen file>import>Uwatec Data Track
But it's not mentioning slg filetypes.

any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Many thanks in advance,

Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom