Read this BEFORE you go to CAYMAN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caymaniac:
You should have been there before jets went to the Brac and Little Cayman!
Although it made allot less noise on the Brac, it has made them allot closer

Jets go into Little Cayman ?I thought it was just a grass runway? What is the flight like from GC to LC?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There have been many changes to the island since the hurricane and it is important to go there armed with knowledge and unbiased information. I found this place that shows all the places that are currently open:

www.gotocayman.com

And a wonderful board with thousands of members who know the score. You will get unbiased reviews, information, and meet a lot of friends too:

www.caymanactivityguide.com/forums

ActivityGuide - the editor also has zero tolerance for recommendations that are not tourist friendly in his opinion. I recommended a place that did not fit into his WharfHyattWestinPapagallos etc tourist suitable scenario & the post was deleted.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There have been many changes to the island since the hurricane and it is important to go there armed with knowledge and unbiased information. I found this place that shows all the places that are currently open:

www.gotocayman.com

And a wonderful board with thousands of members who know the score. You will get unbiased reviews, information, and meet a lot of friends too:

www.caymanactivityguide.com/forums

Thank you! :D

pilot fish:
Thanks, Bruce. I spoke to Southern Cross yesterday and they told me exactly what you describe. I was also told that the sites, Bloody Bay and Jackson were totally untouched. Is the flight from GC a pain? Is it really 45 minutes? I had no idea Little Cayman was 90 miles from GC ?I thought they wer more like a few miles apart. Shows what I know
There are several flights a day by both Island Air and Cayman Airways. The first flight of the day goes from Grand Cayman to Cayman Brac (40 minutes), then from Cayman Brac to Little Cayman (9 minutes), then from Little Cayman to Grand Cayman (35 minutes). The next flight does it in the order Grand Cayman -> Little Cayman -> Cayman Brac. Then the third flight follows the route of the first, and so on. Thus your flying time to Little Cayman will depend on whether you get routed via Cayman Brac first.

Bruce

pilot fish:
Jets go into Little Cayman ?I thought it was just a grass runway? What is the flight like from GC to LC?

Obviously, you forgot to read thread #10 before you wrote your thread.
Yes, it is still a grass runway. :11:

That's an excellent site. Enormous amount of information and lots of friendly people just like you said. Thanks for the tip! :wink:

realityIII:
What kind of problems? And with which board? Both of those palces are spot on accurate. The activityguide one is run by a magazine editor with a zero tolerance for flaming and insults. Its the friendliest and most accurate board dedicated to cayman I ever saw. I like the people here too, so all I am saying is that it is more dedicated to cayman so you will pick up some more tips there from cayman-dedicated divers. One guy there told me about a spot called babylon that no one talks about. He put maps and directions in his post and made it easy for me to find. Maybe you are thinking about a different board. I can\'t see as how anyone would have a problem there unless they came to flame.

You might want to go back and see if you recognize an author of that post about Babylon? I haven't done the search, but it might very well have been written by me!?

Problems? I got into a rather heated debate once about the Cayman Islands Marine Law when persons posting to that board suggested activities that were direct violations. Even the board's owner seemed to encourage the same. Eventually I could only suggest to the casual reader that he read the law direct on the Dept of Environments website. For my efforts I was roundly castigated in a series of emails by people I don't even know.

As to really up-to-date info... There has been more construction along Old Robin Rd in the vicinity of Babylon. This construction has eliminated 2 of the public access points to the shore.

You must be thinking about a different board. The admin of that board never takes sides on anything. We even try to get him to and he does not. It is funny. I am talking about the message board at http://www.caymanactivityguide.com/forums/

Not sure what you are talking about, but I can tell by what you said it is not there.

Back
Top Bottom