Reaching valves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
Let's get down to business.

Why can't you reach your valves on your singles rig? Maybe we can help you in this regard.

To be honest i've never tried & untill this week i'd never even thought about it. My 15L however is set as far down as it can go to put the weight at the bottom & so stop me being pulled over backwards. I also set up students kit with their tanks low too & they agree that it's more comfortable & stable. We dive with steel tanks over here so my 15L weighs 18kg when empty. I doubt i could reach it with a big stick.
You lot ever thought of inverting your single if you have problems?
Good diving
Rob

:cheers:

Rob Meddes once bubbled...
You lot ever thought of inverting your single if you have problems?
That would create problems trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

I can reach the valve on my single just fine.

Setting the tank low to solve a perceived problem is another example of the same kind of thing.

Please explain exactly what you mean by this statement:
My 15L however is set as far down as it can go to put the weight at the bottom & so stop me being pulled over backwards.

Please explain exactly what you mean by this statement

When i first started diving on my 15L all was fine untill i stopped to look at something like a wreck. At this point i'd come upright to have a look about or turning to communicate with my buddy. Once in the upright position i would have to fight being pulled over backwards. This was due to the cylinder weight above my C of G pulling my over. By lowering my tank i lowered the weight above my C of G so when upright i stay that way. Whist swimming there isn't much of a prob but as i spend most of my time wreck diving it was a real pain.
Funnily enough when i moved on to twins it was the weight pushing me forward & my legs going up when my head's stuck in some hold or other grotting in the dirt. A few pounds strapped to the bottom of my twins to trim me has solved that problem.
Good diving
Rob

:cheers:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom