Reaching valves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wetman

Contributor
Reaction score
I have 1 heck of a time reaching my valves on my single setup - less challenging but still a bit of a problem on my doubles. Does anyone have any kind of good hint for stretches/workouts etc that they may have used that has helped them.

I think some of it may be the drysuit/straps etc. but i see others capable of doing it and its driving me nuts.

steve

Some exposure suits can certainly limit your reach. A couple other hints would be to arche your back, lean your head back and not foreward and have the elbow of the reaching arm point foreward not to the side.

That arching thing was my initial problem - i was going the complete opposite direction so it helped a bit. The elbow pointing forwar forward was also another flaw with my initial attempts. But i still have what feels to be several inches. ( i can barely grab my 1st stage sometimes - i can work it up if i pull on the hoses which doesnt seem good). Maybe its just old age... :)

steve

Broom stick handle stretches will help. Put it on your shoulders, put your arms over it and stretch back and forth.

Take your other hand... put it on your elbow and shove your arm back... that should get you the extra few inches you need.

Also... you might have your suit squeezed down too tightly.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

Also... you might have your suit squeezed down too tightly.

That helps me also, hit the suit inflate button a little and raise your arms to ballon your sleeves slightly. Also, going to drygloves made a world of difference in not only reaching the valves but turning them.

Phil

The tank that gets turned on a second time by your dyslexic buddy/DM/neighbor and ends up in the 1/4 turn on position. But I had to think about that for a minute also.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom