re contradictory charging instructions for EX35

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you. I can rest now....

1550267800580-razones-para-ver-eraserhead-de-david-lynch-0.jpg

unsure why @Bobby would have said that because it is all dependent on the charger. There are certainly some that need to be plugged into the battery first and IIRC some of the stock Silent Submersion scooter chargers are like that as well as some dive light chargers, but those are also usually meh quality chargers

According to UWLD, the second choice (plug in charger, then connect to battery) is correct for ALL dive lights.

Possibly I didn't say clearly that I only talk about how to do things with our lights. I would never contradict another manufacturers instructions for their equipment.

All UWLD lights should have the charger plugged into the wall (power source) first, then the battery canister into the charger. They should be fully charged then removed from the charger. The batteries do not need to be topped up before a dive if they have been fully charged prior.

Thanks,

I have one of your lights and always appreciated the the clear instructions. (The light is pretty cool too)

Okay, I found a DiveRite EX35 video ( by DiveRite) which shows this charging sequence:
1. Plug in charger
2. Plug banana-plug into battery canister.
3. Remove banana plug after charging.
4. Un-plug charger.

Opposite of what the manual describes....
(if anyone cares)

www.diverite.comJanuary 2019© Lamartek, Inc. dba Dive Rite9Charging,Maintaining, & Installingthe Battery
Charging the Canister Battery
.2.Plug the banana plug charging adapter into the three (3) red (+) battery receptacles.
3.Plug the Smart Charger into a wall outlet.

Are they both correct? This is a very simple question....

Back
Top Bottom