Re: Blocked nose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dandan

Reaction score
hi, my nose had been fine until a few days ago, it just broke down. (LOL..just kidding)
It seemed that i had a big flu coming, with the occasional sneezing warning and blocked nose.

However now, i am fine, with only occasional blocked nose. In the day, the nose would be working fine, no block!Then it would get a bit stuffy and blocked at one side of the nose, when evenin comes.

I am going for a dive trip in a few days time. And I am not sure whether my occasional blocked nose will get in my diving or not.

Do u think i shd postpone my trip or just go ahead?

dandan once bubbled...

Do u think i shd postpone my trip or just go ahead?

MMMMmmmmmmMMMMMmmmmm... The crystal is cloudy, and the spirits are distant. Lay your hands on your monitor and concentrate... concentrate... connnnnncentrate........ Alas, the spirits remain silent and the crystal has gone dark....

Sorry dandan, but I guess my skills as a fortuneteller are wanting. I can't predict how your nose will be doing in a few days. I can tell you that divers who dive while congested and/or while having problems clearing can suffer barotrauma injuries. Often the injuries are mild, but they can be severe and occasionally even life-threatening. Your call on the trip.

There's a great deal about congestion and nose and sinus problems already available on the board. Try the search function available at the top of the board and you might find something more useful.

Sorry to not be of more help,

Bill

The above information is intended for discussion purposes only and is not meant as specific medical or spiritual advice for any individual.

Gee BillP, u r funny,man :)
I decide to postpone my trip to next week (sob sob!) I still have the occasional symptons.. Can't wait to get rid of this thing..

G'day to you.

You know man, from the way you put it, it reli sounds SERIOUS to me. I definitely won't put my life in jeopady. Haven't had enough of the world :>

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom