RE: Any comments about Tusa Expert Zoom

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just bought a pair of Tusa X-Pert Zoom fins and, after a week and half of diving with them, absolutely love them. Having always used blades and read strongly divergent opinions on this board re splits, I was uncertain if I would like the split fins at all. But the Tusa Zooms were absolutely fantastic. I could use just about any kick style and get great propulsion with next to no effort (not the case for me when I used blades). I could do the simplest ankle kick (knees and hips motionless) and accelerate with ease. Once moving, that small a motion sustained a remarkable speed. I could swim against currents with no effort or effortlessly catch up with a distant group in no time at all. No blade has ever performed like that for me.

Control in chasms and swim-throughs was good and certainly much better than some split detractors would have had me believe. But then, again, none of this was very demanding diving (west coast of Roatan).

With a little bit of trial and error, I was able to establish a surface kick that also worked.

The heel strap tightened easily and held well.

The boot pocket is comfortable sized and does not bind. I was fearful that the pocket might have been too wide, but that did not prove to an issue.

Having read many Scubaboard replies that were really down on splits, I am wondering if it is a matter of a particular style or brand of fin matching a person's kick pattern and diving demands. For my relaxed style of diving, splits were outstanding and the Tusa Zooms were great. Of the eight other people I dove with on this vacation, two others dove with Tusa Zooms and loved them, but everyone else was diving with blades.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom