RE: Any comments about Tusa Expert Zoom

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dandan

Reaction score
I am thinking of buying a pair of fins. And so far the dive shop recommended me Tusa Expert Zoom. And the review about it seem pretty neat. However, I thought I seek you guys' opinions about this fins.
And also how about Mares Volo?
Thanks advance for your comments...
:)

I do not own a pair of these fins but from what I have read they sound like they would be great. If I were you I would PM Tomcat & TexasMike they both dive with these fins.

I hope you get the answers you need.

I have a pair and love them, I have let a couple of buddies try them and they thought they were great. Have heard some people who hate them though...

P.S. I bought them online for $115:)

Im not anyone who can vouch for different types of fins because I havent even started my classes, but if you want really good prices on scuba equipment on the web check out http://www.leisurepro.com/ Im not trying to promote them or anything and I dont work there but I bought some stuff from them and they are the cheapest ones around. The web site is easy to navigate too.

Hope it helps before you spend too much on the fins your looking for.

DS

Insert "Used To" dive with the Xoom's for me....

The Xoom's were my first encounter with split fins. And I liked them.

But I had to replace them when I purchased my drysuit and went with the Atomic split fins.

The Atomic's I like much better since I can do all the tekkie kicks with them (no where near perfected, but practicing!). The bend in the Xooms reduced the efficiencie of scull and frog kicks.

If you were to ask me which splits to purchase at this point in my experience, I would recommend the Atomics.

--Mike

I tried looking for Atomic Aquatics, but it seems that nobody is carrying this brand back in my country. Thus I settled for Aeris Velocity. Hopefully is a good buy.

read up some reviews on aeris velocity. seems to be not bad.
any of u using aeris velocity, any pros and cons?

The Tusa xooms have wide foot pockets and for me don't fit very well. My experience with the volos was that they are very soft, didn't feel that I had enough thrust to deal with currents. (I personally don't care for any fins that are very softz). The atomics were spot on and I like the fit and power available.

I have a pair of scuba pro twin jets. The great you have to learn to kick bit different to get into that sweet zone. With the splits less is more

I purchased a pair to begin my OW Certification. The work really well for me in the water and they look great! I am a big and they moved me through the water with ease.

Can't help wonder if the atomic splits are better considering all the press they get.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom