RB-80 Mods IE WKPP mods for larger tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubatooth once bubbled...

ok thanks for the info

have a couple of other questions
i take it the double rebreather set up is for the ekpp ? or is that the same for wakulla ? and that setting up stages that deep would run into some logistics problesm for divers doing the push ?

2. what are the largest tanks that the rb 80 and be set up with ?

3. you said that you only run bottlesoff the switch block and not backgas. is there any reason why or is that a bail out ?

4. if you dont clip off to the butt ring , where do you clip off the extra scooters etc?

1.In Wakulla i guess they will continue to use Mono-RB80.
They can leave stages in there for ages and they will not be stolen. They once stole stages from Reinhard in France the day before our dive !

2. We use it with Double-20l which should be around 130cuft.

3. backgas is only for Bailout ! We usually use around 1-2 stages with 80cuft and all the backgas is bailout.

4. The scooters are clipped to the front D-Ring, where also the scooter is clipped that you are using.

Michael

ok then i take it the leash thats strapped to the scooter is what you use for attachment

man that stinks on the stealing of stages, i would have shot someone for doing that (how were they doing it, was there more then one entry to the cave ?)

on the switch block how doesthat work under water is there a special fitting or do you just screw the bottle in with a din and blast water into the first stage.

do you have any pictures of the switch block?

was going to ask if you were the on who designed the rb-80 but looking halycon site and ekpp you are one of the principals in the exploration over the pond

Scubatooth once bubbled...
ok then i take it the leash thats strapped to the scooter is what you use for attachment

man that stinks on the stealing of stages, i would have shot someone for doing that (how were they doing it, was there more then one entry to the cave ?)

on the switch block how doesthat work under water is there a special fitting or do you just screw the bottle in with a din and blast water into the first stage.

do you have any pictures of the switch block?

was going to ask if you were the on who designed the rb-80 but looking halycon site and ekpp you are one of the principals in the exploration over the pond

Yes the leash that is on the front-part.

There was only one entry to the cave, but more teams diving. The other team had a problem, one diver used them to survive, but did not tell us and took the stages with him. Weeks later Reinhard got them bad, but he had to drive to france were they were thrown in the corner of a shed, all bolt-snaps cut off.
Of course the surviver never said thanks or paid for the gas.

The switchblock has a female part and the drivehose a a male.
You can push a knob on tip of the malepart to clear it. When you connect it only a very small amount of water might enter the block.
I will try to get some pics on a website.

I was the "test-driver" together with the developer Reinhard Buchaly. And yes, we do some diving over here.

Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom