Razor canister light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Stuartv No problem, just wanted you to be aware of who you may be dealing with before purchasing a $1000 light. Here is order of events.

1) receive light and it breaks in about 1min of me opening box.
2) immediately send email explaining I need a light ASAP for a trip next week
3) They tell me to ship mine back, they will then send it to manufacturer for assessment and then decide on warranty......approximately 2 weeks to decide after receiving it back
4) I open up light because I can't wait and find an E clip that is about 1/2 the thickness it should be, like literally as thick as a piece of construction paper, and replace with my own that uses the full space of the slot cut on the shaft.
5) I email razor and let them know I opened it and the clip seemed too small maybe they should contact their manufacturer in Taiwan and let them know before they assemble more lights. I do this very nicely.
6) they respond with an email letting me know have voided my warrant and questioning what I am trying to prove and that they now will not help me.

@Stuartv No problem, just wanted you to be aware of who you may be dealing with before purchasing a $1000 light.

I was already pretty well convinced that this light is a Must NOT Buy. But, it's good to know even more reasons to avoid that light and probably the company, too.

This thread is to collect information about the light so that anyone thinking of buying one can benefit from all the contributions of knowledge and personal experiences.

Ooh another thing like to do is charg exhorbitant shipping fees like 20-30$ and then ship in flat rate boxes.....its happened to me twice already.

Sorry if it sounds like I am complaining a lot, but I've been very frustrated as a customer with them and if it wasn't for their brilliant light mounts and wing design wouldn't deal with them so often.

because it's cheaper than designing pins in the tail and it's not a "leak point". One of the problem with Halcyons pins for example is they aren't disconnected when off the charger so you can actually see them bubbling when underwater and discharging the battery. This is annoying because it also degrades the pins and especially in salt you have to clean them off. With the UWLD, in the electronics on those pins, they "shut off" unless a charger is connected so they won't do that which is nice. That requires real engineering which Razor certainly did not do on this thing.

Gotcha. Just surprised since it’s so uncommon for can lights, and I’ve never had a leak with Light Monkey or my current Halcyon focus, which just screws shut over a couple of o-rings.

Gotcha. Just surprised since it’s so uncommon for can lights, and I’ve never had a leak with Light Monkey or my current Halcyon focus, which just screws shut over a couple of o-rings.

Halcyon may have fixed it in the newest one, but I doubt it. If you turn the light off and flip it over, look closely at the pins, you'll see some bubbles come up. Not a huge deal, but a minor nuisance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom