Ratio Deco class report - this class rocks!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just want to second Christian's comments about the class. It was totally enlightening about the concepts of decompression theory, taught in a simple and elegant way, easy to understand. In its simplest form, Ratio Deco adds a layer of security to a recreational dive that accidently (or on purpose) pushes the NDL limits. It's by no means a stand-alone program on decompression diving, but it provides an amazing base.

Jeff

chickdiver:
If you don't mind my asking, what agency was this class sanctioned through?

Thanks,
Heather

It's more of a 'workshop' then a agency sanctioned class. Kinda like the DIR-F Workshop before GUE made it a formal class.

I heard about this class through my LDS (Northwest Sports Divers, Bothell Washington), I did not take it but a couple of guys that took me diving did and they said it was really informative, but said it was mostly for people who decompression dive. I want to take the Essentials class at the shop when it comes back around.

usetodive:
I heard about this class through my LDS (Northwest Sports Divers, Bothell Washington), I did not take it but a couple of guys that took me diving did and they said it was really informative, but said it was mostly for people who decompression dive. I want to take the Essentials class at the shop when it comes back around.

Email Joe T on the Essentials class. They usually schedule to come around when there is interested people.

Rainer:
If you don't mind me asking, how much was the course? Feel free to PM. Just curious.
Hi Rainer,

I don't think it's a secret since Al Bane posted it to the SoCal DIR forum. The cost was $130 and I think it was well worth it.

My feeling is that the knowledge imparted will be very helpful as a foundation for whenever I progress through GUE's Tech and Cave classes.

Christian

chickdiver:
If you don't mind my asking, what agency was this class sanctioned through?

Thanks,
Heather
Hi Heather,

I'm not sure what the best answer to this would be, since I was not aware of any mention of agencies being made throughout the process.

I saw it as an opportunity to learn more about the subject on a purely academic level and nothing more. In my mind, this would be like taking a class from Bruce Weinke on the RGBM model. It really wouldn't be an agency sanctioned class, but would prove to be fascinating on an academic level.

As others have mentioned, this class does not offer any certifications and takes the form of a workshop about ratio deco.

Hope that helps.

Christian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom