Rash Guard in conjunction with GC/titanium?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skywalk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
i've been reading up on how Gold core/titanium gives a better seal, reflects heat back, etc etc....

question is, would wearing a rash guard underneath the titanium layer affect insulation/seal/heat reflection and make you colder?

thanks

I would think it would make you colder, not because of the heat reflection bit (which is marketing BS), but because it prevents the slick surface of the suit from sealing against your skin, and thus allows water to move around inside easier.

I've never put this theory to the test, but it makes sense to me. Nothing comes between me and my InstaDry!

Appreciate the input Compudude :)
what you say does make sense. however, this is water WITHIN the wetsuit....so as long as the seals in the neck/wrists/ankles are secure, would this still make much of a diff?

thanks

Appreciate the input Compudude :)
what you say does make sense. however, this is water WITHIN the wetsuit....so as long as the seals in the neck/wrists/ankles are secure, would this still make much of a diff?
Yes. Water inside the suit is not that big of a deal... but unless there is an actual SEAL at the wrists, neck and legs, any water movement inside a suit usually corresponds to some movement in and out of the suit as while. Think pump action.

A skin-to-slick-neoprene contact has a water layer that is incredibly thin. Add a layer of fabric, and you've just doubled that water layer, at the very least (one thin water layer on each side of the fabric, for instance).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom