Ranger Jr.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djwang2000

Registered
Reaction score
Is the Ranger Jr. (generally) available -- everywhere I have looked, it is backordered "at least 30 days".

I am looking for a BC system for my 12-yr. old son (new diver). He is on the small side -- 4'7", ~80 lbs and a generally small build. He flounders in any adult sized BC (ie. XXS adult) --- spending all his energy trying to keep it on his shoulders. He has tried on the Subgear Rebel and seems to really like it -- I'm weary that it is made like a "kid" BC. Would the Express Tech fit him as well?

Thanks!

My boys recently used an Oceanic kids BCD during a scuba rangers camp. I've seen them listed at $250 online. They were 7 and 9 at the time.

Arrived just in time (in 2 days) for a review session -- my son loves it -- beats exerting all his energy fighting with an adult sized bcd that keeps wanting to slide off his shoulders!

Thanks for the help! Now it's my turn -- pm (or phone call) coming your way.

Gald to hear he is enjoying it. My son also learned in an adult XS which was still too big. Since I got him a proper sized childs BC, diving is so much easier for him.

Back
Top Bottom