Ranger and Doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

claymore

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recently purchased a set of used doubles with the intent of separating them for the near future but was wondering what the best way to attach the doubles to my ranger.

I know that Zeagle sells two bracket that attach the tanks to the back of the ranger with wingnuts but was wondering how stable and comfortable this system is and if there is a better way of attaching doubles to the ranger.

Perhaps you already watched the how-to video in Zeagle.com to give you the benefit of the doubt. I just watched it after the video stopped buffering and the end result looks as if the demonstrator has shown this setup to be stable and comfortable also, from watching it I don't think there is a shortcut to do this. If you haven't watched the video then I suggest you do. Go to Zeagle.com, look for F.A.Q's and find your question. To the right you will find the link that will answer your question.

I recently purchased a set of used doubles with the intent of separating them for the near future but was wondering what the best way to attach the doubles to my ranger.

I know that Zeagle sells two bracket that attach the tanks to the back of the ranger with wingnuts but was wondering how stable and comfortable this system is and if there is a better way of attaching doubles to the ranger.

Those 2 metal plates will offer you the cheapest means of mounting a set of double and can get you by..... but .....if you were interested in continuing to dive the doubles I would strongly sugg. a full bp as a replacement for the 2 small metal mountings.....you get a whole better ride and fit. You can pick them up used all over the internet for little expense.

Zeagle reccomends only using al. 80s on the ranger. If you want to go with larger steel cylinders you would probably want to get a bp/wing Good diving!

Back
Top Bottom