Random testing program

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ComputerJoe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone have a reccomendation for a random testing program. I get the feeling that the Charter Boat Association's program isn't the most ecconomical.

Thanks

I use Deception Control of Fort Lauderdale. Their number is 954-771-6900

Hey Captain,

Down here in Florida we use American Professional Captains Association for our drug testing consortium. The cost is $49 to join and $49 a year. Also any testing needing to be done for accident or USCG requested is done for free for their members. I'm a drug testing facility here in the Keys, so if you're in this area give me a call.

You can also go to their website APCA Drug Testing to get more information.

Good Diving,

I wonder how it would work with a yankee. Can't really drive 1800 miles for a test. Wonder if they would use a local testing facility.

On another issue I read something, maybe from the TSA, about a new requirement for "observed drug tests." If this means what I think it does where do I apply to do all the female observing. Has anyone heard anything more on that issue.

Last edited:
I wonder how it would work with a yankee. Can't really drive 1800 miles for a test. Wonder if they would use a local testing facility.

On another issue I read something, maybe from the TSA, about a new requirement for "observed drug tests." If this means where do I apply to do all the female observing. Has anyone heard anything more on that issue.

As long as you are a member of a recognized drug consortium by the USCG then yes it would. You might want to call the APCA and see if their is a facility in your area.

Also we do observe all applicants when tests are administered. It is required. My wife does all the women test. But we do have 2 guys who administer the other test so we're not the all female facility you're looking for.

Good Diving,

A.P.C.A.
As it happens I had to renew today so I asked them if there was a testing facility in your area. Turns out the closest one is on Long Island, New York. So if your planning a trip to the "Big Apple" anytime soon it might work out for you. There number is 800 468-7447

I signed up yesterday. $60 per year and $55 for the initial test.

Thanks Cap.

Back
Top Bottom