Ran out of air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EddyMHD

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was spearfishing with my dive buddy in a ship wreck, it was like 30 meters/90 feet and while i was down there i saw a super nice yellowtail snapper and i wanted to shoot it so i lined up with the fish trying to shoot it but my air was running low so i took the shot thinking it would be a good idea.. i shot the fish and missed because i was stressing luckily it didnt get tangled with the ship. so i just let go of the gun because it floats so it just went back to the top and i took off my belt and started kicked as hard as i could or else i would of not made it up. When i got up i started breathing heavily untill i was a bit more relaxed and i went down once again trying to look for the belt but i could not find it. I think it got in the ship wreck or burried in the sand. What i want to say is that if your running out of air just go back to the top and dive down with full air again and dont risk it..

Man, is this a troll post?

The chain of extremely bad judgement calls and reckless behavior in this one paragraph is a lot more than what I have done in my 50 years of diving.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Discuss the post, not the poster

Man, is this a troll post?

The chain of extremely bad judgement calls and reckless behavior in this one paragraph is a lot more than what I have done in my 50 years of diving.

(Note to self, brand new member of the SB and the first thing he posts is about how incredibly bad his list of suicidal actions?? Trying to increase post count to be able to sell stuff here I ask?)

I don't think that the OP is talking about scuba diving...

Can we say that the entire post and all ideas behind it are so out of whack?

(Just asking)

I don't think that the OP is talking about scuba diving...

Do you know what he is talking about or what the point of the post is please? It just doesn't add up here. Let's say it is "free diving," the terminology is wrong and the attitude is wrong and the whole story is just not right.

What clarification/reaction/replies/advice/help/emotions is the OP trying to gain/solicit/expect here?

P.S. Don't admins think that this is the wrong forum for this type of post?

Hey,
if you ever want situations like these to be reported, then
please be nice.

In a reply to the OP:
Did you discard your reg while doing the ascent? You could have taken many breaths from it during the ascent as ambient pressure drops.
I have only done an emergecy ascent from 20m/60ft, and with a small cylinder, but it gave me enough air even for a short safety stop.

Or was it a freedive?

"and i took off my belt"
- bravo!!! That is a very good choice that many unfortunately forget to do!

Back
Top Bottom