Rampage in West Palm Beach (charter boat) - SUNK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm a small business owner and Bob & I talked about the business side of dive boats whenever I was on board. The last time I spoke with him he did say that with the rising cost of fuel, and the competitiveness of the boats around him that he wondered if it were worth staying in business? I guess this storm just sealed the deal for him. You probably can still buy a "I dove the Bermuda Triange" T-shirt from him if you e-mail him bob@diverampage.com or 1-800-525-0876. I echo the other post, this was a fine dive boat operation.

metaldector:
I'm a small business owner and Bob & I talked about the business side of dive boats whenever I was on board. The last time I spoke with him he did say that with the rising cost of fuel, and the competitiveness of the boats around him that he wondered if it were worth staying in business? I guess this storm just sealed the deal for him. You probably can still buy a "I dove the Bermuda Triange" T-shirt from him if you e-mail him bob@diverampage.com or 1-800-525-0876. I echo the other post, this was a fine dive boat operation.

I e-mailed Capt Bob and linked this thread to him.

OK, then this is to Captain Bob. I haven't been on a boat dive in several years, but I plan to make time for it by next summer/spring. Please get back in the water so I can dive with you again!

Talon:
I just heard that the Rampage Charter boat sunk during the hurricane. I've been told that Captain Bob DID have insurance, but that he will not be getting back in the business. I'm sure I'm not the only person to be sadden by this news.

After I got cerified, Rampage was my boat of choice for several years. I think Mike (the DM) taught me more about diving then my instructors ever thought about. And captain Bob was always the greatest. He keep a very light hearted atmosphere and made sure everyone had a great time.

This boat was the antithesis to many of the dive nazi boats in WPB. He let you dive to your experience level and did not rush your bottom time. If you had the air and bottom time left, he was happy to let you stay down.

For me, I just wanted to say a farewell and a final thank you for all the GREAT dives and memories!

Best of luck in your future endevours!!

Michael Wheat
Melbourne, FL
i,m with you,i loved that boat and have had memorable experiences on differend dive sites in WPB,i hope that he,ll replace it and continue the business,i especially liked the video movies about the dive sites and divers they use to make.I own a dvd from a dive on the Princess Anne from March this year and i remember that we had to come back cauz two passengers got type two seasickness (oh,my god i,m not gonna die!!!!!!)12 foot+seas and big swells.The captain dropped them back and we did our SI inshore,the second dive was on the east west barge.Peace :dazzler1:

Captain Bob, if you are reading this. We love you! I know you have heard that when our dive group from Augusta was there every time. Also, how about "We're soooooo excited!"

These are phrases that along with "teeming with tropicals" I will never, ever forget that I heard from you on my dive trips.

I know that you have touched many divers, but I think you were the best. You took me and dropped me right on top of Ron when my tank came off and I had to get back on the boat with my BC strap missing the slide. I was a brand new diver and I thought you were awesome then and still do.

I hope you are reading this. I will personally miss you. WPB dives will never be the same.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom