Rampage in West Palm Beach (charter boat) - SUNK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Talon

Contributor
Reaction score
I just heard that the Rampage Charter boat sunk during the hurricane. I've been told that Captain Bob DID have insurance, but that he will not be getting back in the business. I'm sure I'm not the only person to be sadden by this news.

After I got cerified, Rampage was my boat of choice for several years. I think Mike (the DM) taught me more about diving then my instructors ever thought about. And captain Bob was always the greatest. He keep a very light hearted atmosphere and made sure everyone had a great time.

This boat was the antithesis to many of the dive nazi boats in WPB. He let you dive to your experience level and did not rush your bottom time. If you had the air and bottom time left, he was happy to let you stay down.

For me, I just wanted to say a farewell and a final thank you for all the GREAT dives and memories!

Best of luck in your future endevours!!

Michael Wheat
Melbourne, FL

Talon:
I just heard that the Rampage Charter boat sunk during the hurricane.
Damn, Rampage was on my short list for the upcoming weekend of the 18th, 19th. Back when I was planning a July/August trip, Rampage was the boat most suggested. I didn't get to dive with them, since they don't schedule a Friday afternoon trip.

Bob (back to web research for dive boats)

I loved that boat. I sure do hope they stay in business. Maybe we should send letters telling them how great they are and to get thigns going again.

Didn't they have a problem before with a storm and a boat crane feel on the boat, or was that a different charter?

Are you dead set on WPB or will you travel up or down the coast a little? There are 7 dive ops out of the same marina if i heard correctly elsewhere, i havent dove with any of them, but just up or down the coast i have had good experiences.

Kind of sorry to see it go, only dove with them once, the only thing i (and Mo2vation as well) wont miss is Jimmy Buffett playing all the time. They had a nice op there though. Maybe we should create a "Bring back the Rampage" petition, to show that people want Capt Bob to continue if at all possible??

simbrooks:
Kind of sorry to see it go, only dove with them once, the only thing i (and Mo2vation as well) wont miss is Jimmy Buffett playing all the time. They had a nice op there though. Maybe we should create a "Bring back the Rampage" petition, to show that people want Capt Bob to continue if at all possible??

The Jimmy Buffett was one of the best parts!

I sincerely hope that Capt. Bob does not leave us high and dry, or so. I know there are many divers here in my area that will be very disappointed. Our local dive shop had a standing reservation for every Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day weekend. We were truly saddened to hear of his loss. I know that at our LDS they are going to do something for Capt. Bob to let him know how much we all love him.

I think the petition is a terrific idea! I would sign it right now.

simbrooks:
Are you dead set on WPB or will you travel up or down the coast a little?
Not really set on WPB but I'm staying in Palm Beach Gardens visiting my g/f. I was picking solely based on location, but certainly open to all suggestions.

Bob (Yeah call me a parrot head too)

Wendy:
The Jimmy Buffett was one of the best parts!

But I did enjoy the dives - my first in FL. I can't believe they're gone. Man. That stinks.

K

I dont suppose they sunk somewhere we can dive it?

Man, that sucks!

I just got back from a trip to Pompano. We heard such good things about the Rampage and Captain Bob we decided to drive up to West Palm early one day just to dive with them. They are/were the best!

If there's a petition, I'll sign it twice!

Mike
Knoxville, TN

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom