Ramblings about CSSP -- May 31

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

richerso

Contributor
Reaction score
So this was day 2 of my diving expedition. I don't know why I do these things. I just do.

Showed up at CSSP at 10:30am this morning. Met up with RyanH1985 and TexDiveGuy. We had an excellent day of diving. It was a beautiful day! Tex kind of ran off and ran some diving drills. Ryan and I toured the park.

Dive 1: Set in the water and took off. Shot a compass heading for the silos and got there, mostly. We had to surface and take a corrected heading to get there. What can I say? It was a long swim to get to that buoy! Hit the silos; bumbled around a bit and explored the silos (for the umpteenth time). Temperature was 57F in the silos. Visibility on this dive was reasonable well. Estimated 8 ft or so. From the silos, we shot a perfect compass heading to the cabin cruiser. Bumbled around a bit and then took a tour of approx. 3 training platforms before heading back to our entry. Visibility around the training platforms was pretty reasonable. I was impressed.

At one of the training platforms, an instructor was conducting a mask clearing exercise with a student. This girl was almost panicked! She was hanging vertical in the water and kicking, kicking, kicking, kicking, kicking. The instructor was authoritatively holding her in position. Somwhere in the middle of this, the student kicked off a fin. I politely drifted over, recovered it and delivered it to the instructor after the student calmed down.

Dive 2: Ryan and I kind of did a repeat of dive 1. We followed roughly the same route and toured the same stuff. Visibility at the silos really sucked this time. Visibility at the cabin cruiser and training platforms was horrible too. Go figure.

Dive 3: Ryan, Tex and I just kind of toured around the park. We didn't really see anything on this dive. We just swam a really large periphery pattern around the shore crossing across the canyon when necessary to complete the pattern. Somehow, I got nominated to compass guide this excursion. I don't know why.

It was really a great day of diving with good friends!

Anyone going out on Sunday?

Another great day of diving.. Had a blast. Now im just sitting here wishing I would have put on sun screen. My face feels like its on fire.

Scubatexan- no diving for me on Sunday, I get to spend it up at the library doing research while wishing I was diving.:11:

Ryan,
You were starting to look kind of lobsteresque (is that a word?) there towards the end. I started to say something but then you wandered over and covered your head with that towel so I figured you had a good idea of what was going on. I was just looking in the mirror. I got a healthy tan today. Another 10 minutes and I think I would have started to burn.

Ryan,
You were starting to look kind of lobsteresque (is that a word?) there towards the end. I started to say something but then you wandered over and covered your head with that towel so I figured you had a good idea of what was going on. I was just looking in the mirror. I got a healthy tan today. Another 10 minutes and I think I would have started to burn.

yeah I was starting to feel it. Oh and on a side note, you remember how I could have swore I heard my reg leaking at Murphy. Well just found out it was, well not the reg, but my new hose has a hole in it. :shakehead: Its right by the first stage, so hints why I could hear it (being right by my ear) and you could not. Oh well if its not one thing its another.

Had a great time guys.....yea-- we were off on our timing the first 2 of the days 3 dives. I arrived early and headed out for a solo skills dive....worked on line runs//bag shoots and tank drop off and retrieval. When I was getting back....John and Ryan were just getting in for their first dive.....would you not know it----same again on dive 2---lol. But we all hooked up for a great 3rd. dive. Water temp is really warming up and vis is still not bad.....allot of classes going on. I think the 3 of us got a bit of sun. Fun day!

yeah I was starting to feel it. Oh and on a side note, you remember how I could have swore I heard my reg leaking at Murphy. Well just found out it was, well not the reg, but my new hose has a hole in it. :shakehead: Its right by the first stage, so hints why I could hear it (being right by my ear) and you could not. Oh well if its not one thing its another.

I was not aware you had the issue......did not notice any leak as we dove.....glad you found it and can take action to replace the hose.

I was not aware you had the issue......did not notice any leak as we dove.....glad you found it and can take action to replace the hose.

Well I messed with it a bunch, and thought I might have just been hearing things out at Murray. Then tonight I decided to give my regs a good bath, and as soon as I dunk my regs I see and nice steady stream of bubbles. :11: Opps. And wouldn't you know it, when I held it up to my ear it was the same noise. I'm starting to think the whole 7 foot hose thing is not for me, considering the next one I get will be my third one. On a good note, looks like my SAC rate might be even a little better than I thought it was. :D

Well I messed with it a bunch, and thought I might have just been hearing things out at Murray. Then tonight I decided to give my regs a good bath, and as soon as I dunk my regs I see and nice steady stream of bubbles. :11: Opps. And wouldn't you know it, when I held it up to my ear it was the same noise. I'm starting to think the whole 7 foot hose thing is not for me, considering the next one I get will be my third one. On a good note, looks like my SAC rate might be even a little better than I thought it was. :D

The 4th. ones GOTTA be the fix!!!! :wink:

Cool.... always nice to have your SAC rate improve....shows you are getting in the dives and gaining experience in the water.....and just think thats even with that pesky hose leak, what will it be without that gas lose! :D

Dive 2: Ryan and I kind of did a repeat of dive 1. We followed roughly the same route and toured the same stuff. Visibility at the silos really sucked this time. Visibility at the cabin cruiser and training platforms was horrible too. Go figure.

Tex must have snuck in behind you and silted it all up. Couldn't have been you two after all. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom