Raja Ampat off season?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am interested in a trip to Raja Ampat in June/July as well and would like to hear anyone's feedback for visiting this time of year...so bump!

June maybe R Maybe okay but July a definite no along with August. Weather really sucks - see missol eco resort and not the times they are shut down for maintenance.

Hi All, I've been told that there is no real "off" season in Raja Ampat - only a time when it's less convenient because the sea's a bit rougher. I've just returned from a trip from Christmas to New Years eve and I can't imagine it being any better. The vis was "only" around 30m on most dives so not as blue as I'm used to diving sea mounts but it's the plankton that bring the fish and everying else was absolutely brilliant. We saw groups of 5 and 7 manta's on two dives at manta point and one on one of the reefs. My favourite was watching the Trevally hunting huge shools of fish on almost every dive. To see some highlights search for "AllClassDivers" on Youtube :D

Back
Top Bottom