Raja Ampat Liveaboard Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WARM 29-30C (84-86F)
Misool 30C (86F)
Penemu 30C (86F)
Kawe 29C (84F)
Wofoh 30C (86F)
Dampier Strait 29-30C (84-86F)

This trip was the first trip to Raja Ampat since February 2020 for Mermaid 2. So no data between Feb 2020 to Dec 2022.
Thanks, Dan - sounds good for my 3mm full suit!! I’m leaving on Sunday for the Blue Manta trip.

You can see the January 2020 water temperature data in my previous trip report here:

Sorry, I don't want to open a new topic
I have a question about what conditions must be met when coming to Indonesia. Maybe one of my colleagues has returned and knows what is currently required at the Jakarta airport

Sorry, I don't want to open a new topic
I have a question about what conditions must be met when coming to Indonesia. Maybe one of my colleagues has returned and knows what is currently required at the Jakarta airport
I just got back from Raja Ampat yesterday. My advice to you is when you arrive in Jakarta airport, go straight to Visa-on-Arrival (VoC) booth ASAP to avoid a long line. Have US $35 ready to pay up the VoC fee.

Don’t worry about getting the PeduliLindungi app.

Make sure you stay 30 day or less in Indonesia. Otherwise, you’ll need to extend it or pay Rp.1 million / day penalty for over staying in the country.

Another tip:
If you would like to be connected / having internet access whenever there are cellular phone service available, bring an unlocked smartphone with simcard slot available, like old iPhone (prior to iPhone 14). When you exit the arrival gate (after passing through the Customs booth), go to Telkomsel booth to get their internet simcard installed into your unlocked smartphone.

I had them installed the biggest GB data for Rp.500,000 ($35) to an old unlocked iPhone 6 Plus for 30-day internet access and use it as personal Hotspot to my AT&T iPhone 14 Pro Max from US. It works fine.

If that is not an option for you, you can get WiFi access while you’re in Blue Manta for a fee.

Thank you very much for a lot of first hand information.
We are grateful for the advice provided.
We have a question about extending the visa is it possible to do it in Sorong?

Yes. See the address, below. Go to Kantor Imigrasi (Immigration office) and fill out the visa extension form there. You are allowed to extend the VoC for another 30 days.

9003C75B-C5A7-42DC-A839-2A384B3724F8.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom