Raja Ampat - Liveaboard & general advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone who has been to the Eastern side of Indonesia, do you think full 3mm suite during Nov is too thick? I am trying to save weight and space for the check in bags. I plan to bring my shorty but I am contemplating if I should bring my full suite 3mm. I dove 4 times a day at Cozumel with shorty only but it was only for 4 days. I never done 10 days of diving.

Everyone is different. A full 3mm is never too much for me, anywhere. If you want to save weight, just leave the shorty. I suspect based on your Coz experience you are cold tolerant, but a full 3mm shouldn't be too warm for all the diving you will be doing.

@cmuljadi: I would always bring a long suit. Just for protection. It is not only because you touch some thing, sometimes there is some stingy stuff in the water. I have only felt it on my hands.

My (former) Buddy come from Calgary, meaning he is hardly cold. But if you do 3-5 dives a day with water temperature of at least 27°C, even he got cold with his 3mm (long version). If you are still hot, open the zipper is always possible.

Anyway enjoy the diving

Thank you Scorpiofish and PeCaRi. I will bring my 3 mm full. Protecting my skins against stinging organism is a good idea. I have to use my 3mm sometimes in my life. I dive in Northern California so my 3mm is still new hanging in my closet.

Anyone who has been to the Eastern side of Indonesia, do you think full 3mm suite during Nov is too thick? I am trying to save weight and space for the check in bags. I plan to bring my shorty but I am contemplating if I should bring my full suite 3mm. I dove 4 times a day at Cozumel with shorty only but it was only for 4 days. I never done 10 days of diving.

On our 12-day RA liveaboard, 4 dives a day, I wore a full 3mm every dive, and was perfectly comfortable. I think of my tolerance to cold water about average, so you figure it from there. Oh yeah, in November.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom