Raja Ampat best time to go

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good morning,

Thanks for all the helpful website info. Now I am trying to figure out which liveaboard to book for 2010. It seems to be far away, but have checked and some are already booking for that year. So any input on liveaboard suggestions, both in the positive and negative for Raja Ampat would be appreciated. We would like 4 dives a day, which some seem to offer only 2 to 3. Also where to stay for a few days land based.

Thanks,

Laine

We have been on the Paradise Dancer 2x. We went to RA in November of 09 on that boat. The weather was fine then! It is an amazing boat with an awesome crew! The cruise director, Wendy, is wonderful and you will love diving with her. You can not go wrong with this boat!!! It is worth it to pay the extra money it might cost you over other boats to go on the PD. I know someone who went on her this past Feb. and had a great time as well . They had a few storms but he said it did not hurt the diving at all. Have fun!

I have been going to Indonesia since 06 and ever year since, sometimes twice. I have gone from Sept to January and from Bali to Raja (plus a few places in between) and East Timor. I have generally have always encountered excellent weather. But the climate is changing!....this year in Palau mid Feb to the first 10 days in March (generally excellent weather at least for the last 10 years) the weather sucked!

I can report that it did rain quite heavily but our boat managed to skirt around the storms. The weather may have caused rather poor visibility in the waters - down to 5 to 10m at times. But we did get some clear days. We dived at Airborei, Misool (very beautiful), Boo. The water visibility there were ok - the diving was fantastic nonetheless. The ones closer to Sorong were not so great.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom