Question Raid to Padi cert switch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nivesh

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am a raid deco 50 certified diver (Equivalent of tec 50).Wanted to get padi trimix certified (90 mtrs depth )which requires padi tec 50.Will I be allowed to do the switch.

I am a raid deco 50 certified diver (Equivalent of tec 50).Wanted to get padi trimix certified (90 mtrs depth )which requires padi tec 50.Will I be allowed to do the switch.
Don't you mean PADI trimix 65? (65 meters/210 feet)

Don't you mean PADI trimix 65? (65 meters/210 feet)
No,I was referrinf to the PADI tec TRIMIX diver which certifies to 90 mtrs and has tec 50 or trimix 65 as a pre requisite.

No,I was referrinf to the PADI tec TRIMIX diver which certifies to 90 mtrs and has tec 50 or trimix 65 as a pre requisite.
You want to go from diving air to hypoxic trimix? Are you sure that's what you want to do?
OMFG. From the PADI website. Well, if you want to dramatically increase the chance of dying, go right ahead.

1692162068720.png

I am trimix certified on the raid side .Just wanted some information on how to advance .
This is how you advance: Deco 60

And lots of dives.

Wanted to get padi trimix certified (90 mtrs depth )which requires padi tec 50.Will I be allowed to do the switch.
Very likely yes. The Tec50 page says this:
Note that qualifying certifications from other diver training organizations may apply - ask your Tec Trimix Instructor.

PADI has a chart for this. It looks at existing ratings for other organizations and tells at what level they can transfer over to PADI. RAID might not be on it because they are relatively new. When I had several UTD divers cross over, I had to ask PADI to give me a ruling because they were not on the chart. They examined the UTD program and then told me where they could cross.

With PADI, a problem with crossing over is that each level assumes you have the training from the level before. Most of the deco theory is covered in the Tec 40-50 program, so you will likely have to demonstrate knowledge of that material even if you can cross over at a level above that.

You are perfectly correct to sign up for the Tech 90 program--don't listen to people who don't teach it. Tec 90 is the full trimix class; Tec 65 is a certification that was created for people who do not want to finish the program and want to stop at the normoxic level for some reason. If you do the Tec 90 class, you will to the full Tec 65 (normoxic) class and then go on to do the hypoxic part of the course. The only time I ever issued Tec 65 certifications was to students who were in the Tec 90 program and needed the certification card to do some normoxic diving on their own before they finished the class with me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom