Rabbitt Tool - Positive Results

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blackfin

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I posted about 2 weeks ago on the yahoo forum that one of my batteries was not taking a charge, and then a day later it would. I ended up sending it into Rabbitt per the good reports of a couple of other X-ers who had done so with good results. Well, they didn't fix it for free, but it did only take them a week after receiving it to have it back in the mail on it's way home. I guess they put a new "therister" in, whatever that is and put a new cover on it. It cost me around $50.00 for the repair, so I am pretty happy about the whole situation. So at this point I give Rabbitt a A+ for work and quick turn around time.

Joe

I posted about 2 weeks ago on the yahoo forum that one of my batteries was not taking a charge, and then a day later it would. I ended up sending it into Rabbitt per the good reports of a couple of other X-ers who had done so with good results. Well, they didn't fix it for free, but it did only take them a week after receiving it to have it back in the mail on it's way home. I guess they put a new "therister" in, whatever that is and put a new cover on it. It cost me around $50.00 for the repair, so I am pretty happy about the whole situation. So at this point I give Rabbitt a A+ for work and quick turn around time.

Joe

Most likely they replace the "thermistor". A thermistor is a special type of resistor that has a larger than typical change in resistance with respect to the change in temperature. Thermistors are often used in battery packs as a means of temperature feed back. The thermistor is wired between the "white" lead and ground.

If the charger does not "see" a resistance across the thermistor that is within a specific range it won't initiate the charge.

Glad to hear you got your problem solves in a timely manner. My experiences with Rabbit have been positive also.

Tobin

Glad that worked out for you Joe-$50 is a small price to pay to keep those batteries working . . .

Good to know that Rabbit Tool stands behind their products. Makes spending the money on those batteries (I have two now) much easier.

Well, I hope to have some luck with them. I have two batteries in with them.

Back
Top Bottom