r3 or r5 for GoPro Diving Vids?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marty you are correct, there is no 720p @60fps on the 960.

Here is what is on their web site for the 960:

"Missing from the HD HERO 960 are 720p @ 60fps, 1080p video, and the HERO BUS expansion port in the rear of the camera that will let you take advantage of GoPro’s forthcoming BacPac accessories – LCD screen & Battery Extension – both important features for filmmaking hobbyists & professional videographers that are compatible with the original HD HERO camera."

Ok, I want a GoPro that does 720p @ 60fps, and want to use it scuba diving at Maui, HI. Shore dives & Cathedrals.

So what exactly would my shopping list be?

I don't think I'd want to use the LCD underwater for stills - that's the whole point, I want my hands at my sides.

Ok, I want a GoPro that does 720p @ 60fps, and want to use it scuba diving at Maui, HI. Shore dives & Cathedrals.

So what exactly would my shopping list be?

I don't think I'd want to use the LCD underwater for stills - that's the whole point, I want my hands at my sides.

You just need any model of GoPro HD hero 1080p, if you are wanting to try head mounts then you will need either the helmet hero version or you can buy a naked and get a headband mount separately.

You will need a flat lens fix and I would recommend the Blurfix as I have tried them all and its the best available atm. Only the Blurfix and EOM housings do 720p with no vignette so if you want to shoot in 720p60 there's no point getting any of the others, glass lens vs plastic and screw in filters are the big advantages of the Blurfix over the EOM version.

The EOM looks like a homemade piece of thing.... the Blurfix gives you the ability to use many different options with lenses, also the anti-fog beads in the lens I have never had condensation issues ever and has a pro look about it being non-corrosive powder coated alloy, no worries about leaks either; you have two seals on the blurfix set up!!!!!
:wink:
Better bang for buck in these hard times work wise.

Back
Top Bottom