R 190 or R 295 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wet feet

Registered
Reaction score
Well I got some money to buy some scuba gear with. I have narrowed it down to the scubapro R 190 or R 295 regs. They are both in my price range. Which ever one I get I am going to get with the MK-2 first stage. I have been diving with the MK-2 and R 190 and really liked it. But I have heard good things about the R 295. So I thought I would ask you guys.

wet feet:
Well I got some money to buy some scuba gear with. I have narrowed it down to the scubapro R 190 or R 295 regs. They are both in my price range. Which ever one I get I am going to get with the MK-2 first stage. I have been diving with the MK-2 and R 190 and really liked it. But I have heard good things about the R 295. So I thought I would ask you guys.

The R190 and R295 are the same internally I've got both of them and have had no problems with either of them, If I were you I'd shoot a pm to DA Aquamaster if you have any questions, He's the man to go to for ScubaPro.

Opps, kinda had a bit too much christmas cheer going on lol, sorry DA Aquamaster.

As DM Jim statedThe R190 and R295 ar ecactly the same internally except for the diaphram. The 190 is more durable due to the hard diaphram cover and possi ble may breath easier due to the larger diaphram. The R295 has been replaced the the R395, just a different cover.

Your Scubapro source in Micronesia!

Are you guys kidding?

R295 doesn't have a VIVA... Two models aren't exactly same. R295 is inferior to R190. VIVA is a good feature that the diver can control...

Just my 2 bar!

I like being able to tune the VIVA to min for cold water on the R190. Water was 40 degrees today at 30 feet, no issues.

divemaster_jim:
Takes the same tune up kit right? To me that makes it the same.
OH, DA where for art thou???
:D
FWIW I too, like to viva.

Yes, they share the same service kit. But, VIVA is good to have...:D :D :D

DA already addressed the differences (size, VIVA, etc.....) so many times on our board. He might copy and paste it again though...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom