Quick tip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

viper3037

Reaction score
If you think you are getting pushed forward just draw your knees toward your chest this should right you fast.I don't know exactly why but it works for me..you should back float then.

viper3037 once bubbled...
If you think you are getting pushed forward just draw your knees toward your chest this should right you fast.I don't know exactly why but it works for me..you should back float then.

It works because it changes your center of gravity. Just keep in mind, depending on weighting, placement, etc. it may have the opposite effect on someone else.

Another example of using your legs to change your center of gravity would be when you are planed out in a horizontal position, with your legs bent at a 90* angle to your body.

If you straighten your legs, you should start to achieve more of a "heads-up attitude" and bringing your feet closer to the bottom of your tank, you should achieve more of a "head-down" attitude.

I created a new thread instead of a reply but have also recieved some good advice.
Thank you
Any other suggestions are more than welcome for making mobility easier under water.I'm sure there are lots of suggestions and experiences out there so lets here them.

Actually, I think this thread is a good idea. Anyone else want to post a few "quick tips" to share?

Baby shampoo makes good mask defog (and it wont burn your eyes if you dont get it all out!)

If you have a case of heavy feet while diving, try moving some of your weight to a trim pocket on the back of your BC. If your BC does not have trim pockets, you may be able to move some weight to a camband that holds your tank on. A single weight on the center of the back of the tank may make the rig feel a bit tippy if it is over 3#, but may lessen the feeling that the BC is pushing forward on the survace. A pair of 2# weights on either side of the tank close to your back eliminates the tippy feeling, but has less effect on surface balance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom