Quick Split Rock Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaAndDreams

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Got up this morning at O'dark thirty to dive Split Rock a 150'ish deep dive site out of Hawaii Kai in the vicinity of the Corsair. Pretty cool dive, topside conditions weren't the best but the dive was pretty sweet! Hope we didn't make drew wait too long on the 8'o'clock charter....:)

HD Version. (60mb)

No worries Sherm, I needed the extra time to get my head on straight this morning. I was a bit thrown back when the boat was GONE when I arrived at 7:30 am. Our dives were blessed with breath-taking, eye popping.....20-25 ft vis.
Nice vid, especially the Kahala. Nice touch with the ducks too!
Drew

Ahhhhhh. I wanna go back. The time was just too short. Yea, that one amberjack almost bumped into Sherman.

Also, to second the conditions on the surface. When you can feel the swells while moving from 30-20fsw stops then it might be a little rough up top. Awesome dive though and lots of fun.

Hearing AND feeling the humpback's singing was great too. I kept looking around hoping to see one swim by. Hopefully one of the dives it will happen.
:wink:

Hearing AND feeling the humpback's singing was great too. I kept looking around hoping to see one swim by. Hopefully one of the dives it will happen.
:wink:

aww man, the dive looked awesome (envious) enough w/o having to hear about Humpback song. I can't wait to dive with them some day!

As everyone else has said...awesome dive. Now I just have to wade my way through Sherm's 17 page Tech I exam...

Matt

Matt,

Is that complaining? That might just get a couple of pages added to our exam when Sherman gets back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom