quick release tank straps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

resqdivers

Reaction score
anybody ever hear of a "quick release tank strap"?

What I am looking for is a tank cam strap, when released and loosened, can come apart...to make changing tanks easier.

Any ideas? And yes, I know that this isn't DIR or what George would do, so spare me the rhetoric on that please...:)

Thanks for the help!

Try to find a set of the "old" style Dive Rite SS cam straps. These open up as you describe. The new ones are more like the standard closed loop cam, but SS.

Aqua explorers uses the design you are taking about in their travel bands and they do mak echanging tanks a snap. Not sure if you can buy the parts separately.

Scubapro's band assembly does the same thing as the strap just unhooks formt he buckle assembly and they are in my opinion about the best strap design available. They are also sold as a separate upgrade kit and would be adaptable to most BC's where the strap threads through the backpack. Retail cost for the kit is about $46 and dealer cost is roughly half of that.

Thanks for the prompt reply y'all. Going to try those sources and see what happens

Chuck

Actually the older Halcyon cambands were the quick release type. I don't know if George used them though.

FredT has the Scuba Pro cam bands as part of his DIY backplate package, he may sell them seperate.

If you do any cold weather winter diving, ditch those crispy plastic cam bands, I've seen several of the buggers shatter in sub-zero conditions.

MikeFerrara once bubbled...
Actually the older Halcyon cambands were the quick release type. I don't know if George used them though.

Thanks for your help, and for the "I don't know if george used them"... I hope you are joking.

Instread of the WWJD t-shirts and bracelets that you see the holy rollers wearing, I'm surprised we don't see wwgd...:D

Bob3 once bubbled...
If you do any cold weather winter diving, ditch those crispy plastic cam bands, I've seen several of the buggers shatter in sub-zero conditions.

I have not actually had one break during a cold water or ice dive, but did have one break on the ice after the dive as the bands dried and shrunk while still attached to the tank.

Back
Top Bottom