Quick question on DIN conversion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually the universal DIN kit comes with the pre installed wheel retainer O ring and a loose O ring part 01050347 that seals against the regulator body which is small and the loose "extra" O ring that apparently works the way Angelo said. There is also the DIN O ring for the valve preinstalled. It was the loose "extra" O ring that was causing the confusion for me. I didn't use any original yoke O rings
Still, you could have used the O ring that came as part of the regulator. Either way, one becomes an extra. Part of the problem is that Scubapro does not include much in the way of instructions with anything they sell, expecting consumers to seek the technical assistance of a SP dealer for ridiculously simple things like switching from Din to yoke and vice-versa. If you can change and set the points in your VW Beetle's distributor, you can do this as well. Wait, did I just date myself?

I had a 67 fiberglass Dune Buggy....I could do the points...exchange the engine...rebuild the engine...but no instructions for this

I had a 67 fiberglass Dune Buggy....I could do the points...exchange the engine...rebuild the engine...but no instructions for this
I was in graduate school when VW Beetles were everywhere. I made extra money by tuning up and doing light repairs on VWs for students whose automotive ability ended with filling the gas tank.

Nah! The Mods are loving it, lol!
My first car was a Beetle, too.

Wow! Three pages!
And the OP had it right in post #1.
A wheel-retaining oring with no seal function for the Mk19.
:callme:

Back
Top Bottom