Quick question about a titanium DIN adapter and using it with Nitrox......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, dropped the regs off a few days ago (that time of year again). When 2 of the techs looked at the adapter they said that it definately was not titanium, but that it was more than likely a finish color, or (again assuming the description is correct) a powder coat sort of thing. They said they will let me know if there are any problems, and it was Wednesday I dropped them off and I have not heard from them yet so I assume things are going fine. I am still going to stick with the under 40% thing, unless I can find some sort of definitive proof that it is a color finish and the the titanium has nothing to do with any of the actual metal being on the adapter. Thanks again to all for your help.

Paint

P. S. I will post an update as soon as I hear anything, or get them back.

Last edited:
WEll, had the regs back for some time now, but only been diving them in the pool classes at the college. I help out the instructor's, mainly in the pool but sometimes in class too.. However I did dive the reg yesterday on 32%, and no problems with it at all. Actually, one, but that was simply the o-ring does not seem to like staying in place. Probably the temperature causing that one, other than that no problems whatsoever. Now trying to track down a Scubapro Mk10 DIn conversion for my pony. IF anyone happens to have any leads on an OEM part, please let me know. Thanks again to everyone for your help and input, hope to hear from you soon.

Paint

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom