quick hybrid bc question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As I said earlier they have questioned me about it but most times they dont require you to remove it from the bag. I always get asked like whats in your bag and when I tell them they usually are ok with it since they have seen the image.

That's interesting. Their website says this about the 5 Oceans configuration:
Hybrid Bladder Design
The innovative design of the Contour allows the freedom of movement and other benefits you have come to expect from a rear-inflation BC. However, the unique wrap-around design of the air cell provides you more lift than most BC’s; as well as an improved, upright orientation when the BC is inflated on the surface.

I actually have an email into them to see if they can demystify whether or not they still have a hybrid in their line up.
Interesting. The bladder is only on the back. I bought it because it was a back inflate and very simple. I wanted something I could use in cold and warm water situations. It seemed the closest thing to a BP/W.
The waist straps with the quick weight release do wrap around though.

SubMariner:
That's interesting. Their website says this about the 5 Oceans configuration:
Hybrid Bladder Design
The innovative design of the Contour allows the freedom of movement and other benefits you have come to expect from a rear-inflation BC. However, the unique wrap-around design of the air cell provides you more lift than most BC’s; as well as an improved, upright orientation when the BC is inflated on the surface.

I actually have an email into them to see if they can demystify whether or not they still have a hybrid in their line up.

Interesting. The bladder is only on the back. I bought it because it was a back inflate and very simple. I wanted something I could use in cold and warm water situations. It seemed the closest thing to a BP/W.
The waist straps with the quick weight release do wrap around though.

Well, I finally got an answer back that contrary to what their website blurb says, the 5 Oceans is back inflate.

It seems that a website update is in order; I suspect the info was left over from the previous bc versions & no one thought to remove it.

Back
Top Bottom