Quick Disconnect or not

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i saw my buddies qd have a major failure right before our dive. And the year before that a minor issue with the qd.

RSdiver:
BE CAREFUL OF WATER INTRUSION

I bought a Pro Plus QD week before last and dove with it for the first time last weekend (deep Dive for six gill sharks). QD'ed it between dives to examine it/log in the boat cabin and upon preparing for Dive #2 the display failed on me with LCD segments displaying but not forming readable letters/characters. I was extremely careful when it was on deck (only two of us on my friend's boat) and it was not handled roughly nor did water get into the end of it.

I took it to the LDS and he claims to have seen this same failure several times when water intrudes within it. He swapped it for a new one and I didn't ask any further Q's but didn't understand how water could get inside because I imagine the end of QD is the hose line with the pressure transducer for the tank reading and should be water tight. Perhaps he meant through the battery seal?

That doesn't make sense...

cerich:
That doesn't make sense...

It is on the way back to the factory from UnderwaterSports Seattle as of Aug 7, 2006. If interested, perhaps you'll want to look into it.

For the record, I've been happy with Oceanic computers for 12 years and still am.

PS - I probably should not of put that warning about water intrusion in the title as it was never conclusively determined to be the root cause, just that the LDS attendant, Andrew, claimed he had seen it before (hearsay).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom