Quick Cancun trip Cenote for 4.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

billinwilliamston

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi,

My wife (PADI AOW), two step-daughters (PADI OW) and I (PADI AOW) will be in Cancun for a quick trip over MLK day weekend. We arrive Friday morning and leave Monday morning. I would be more than happy to sit on the beach and drink my brains out all weekend, but my bride insists on diving. She would like to do a cenote and a local dive. Based on our flight schedule, we would have to dive local Friday afternoon and do the Cenote on Saturday (both before drinking of course). I am very conservative about diving before flying (I've been told to "get bent" enough times that I'm not about to risk it), so diving on Sunday is out.

Any ideas? Any deal we could work out for 4 divers doing a cenote and 2 tanks local?

Thanks.

You should be fine as far as diving/flying. The most conservative recommendations are 24 hrs after your last dive. you'll be closer to 36 even if you do the Cenote on Saturday afternoon.

Further the typical cenote dive is fairly shallow (40 feet or so).

Enjoy and post some Pictures!

Mike

I don't know what to tell you about cenote diving out of Cancun. All the cenotes I know of are south of Playa del Carmen, or about an hour and a half south of Cancun. There may be some dive ops that will pick you up and run you south. You might do a search in the Mexico forum on Cancun+cenotes and see what you come up with.

Hola from Cancun, check out Manta Divers! Cancun! Cenote! Cozumel! Selvatica Zip Line! - Home call toll free for any info or doubts you have about Cenote diving, it is a day trip that picks you up at hotel lobby, if you need equipment, wet suits, or any specifics, let us know.
Hope this info was helpful and to see you soon.

Back
Top Bottom