Questions about Scuba Mau, please...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

..there's a thread on here somewhere that proves this. If I recall, Don takes his own electric coffeemaker...:mooner:
Yep, ceramic cups, 2 thermoses, water jugs, flexible coolers, etc. Hydration is essential to diving and to exploring ruins. Pretty lightweight tho and works in ok.

On a thread prior to going to Roatan, one lady suggested that I did not need the coffee maker. She just sent her hubby to the restaurant to get a pot in the morning. I said fine if he would be there to deliver mine too. I like a pot immediately on wake-up.

Don...I emailed Jorge at Villablanca about a coffee maker in the rooms as I to like/need coffee immediately on wake-up and his reply was the only rooms with coffee makers are the villas or our Junior suites.:coffee:

Don...I emailed Jorge at Villablanca about a coffee maker in the rooms as I to like/need coffee immediately on wake-up and his reply was the only rooms with coffee makers are the villas or our Junior suites.:coffee:
That's why I take a 12 cup maker: weight under 4# including box and bubble-wrap padding, plus some coffee in a ziplock. You can get a cup from the cafe I guess.

I find the drip makers for $10-12 here and often leave them with someone. Mega might have them but I wouldn't want to count on it.

Ok, that nails it. I need a DD type travel companion. Or maybe I just need to plan my trips to "coincidentally" end up with DD as a neighbor! :wink:

I was impressed by the bar, but a coffee maker too?! As a minimalist (lazy?) traveler I am duly impressed.

i hate to say this, but as much as I like villablanca, Arturo's coffee sucks bigtime
:lol:​
I take all I can and would not let a $25 bag fee discourage me from taking what I wanted - especially my regs, but I carry those in roll-on. I don't get Elite allowances anymore so I will have to pay for my second bag on my airline, but I will take 2 - 50# checked bags, 1 - 40# roll-on, and my personal bag (backpack) that never leaves my body other than for TSA with laptop, cameras, meds, money, passport, etc.
I can't imagine a serious diver going anywhere with less than 2 checked bags so why not include 5# for coffee maker and supplies? :confused: Mine will also include a 19 cf pony bottle ; Haha tell you anything about how much I trust my home bud? It also helps when I klutz out or follow my camera too much.

I will check it all with my digital luggage scales both ways. I may be shopping Mega for some things that I might take if I still had elite airline status, but whatever - I like to enjoy my trips, not see how little I can get by on.

I may not be well dressed for dinner, but will be in a clean T-shirt at least.

I find the drip makers for $10-12 here and often leave them with someone. Mega might have them but I wouldn't want to count on it.

Yes - Mega, Chedraui, San Francisco and Soriana all have cheap $10 to $12 coffee makers - you can count on it. What you cannot count on is finding a really good coffee maker here :) I had to go to Home Depot in Cancun to get a decent coffee maker :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom