Questions about Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you all for the great advise. I will start picking through the different resorts.

This site also has lots of condos listed. Bonaire Vacation Rentals - VRBO® is Vacation Rentals by Owner Bonaire - Bonaire Hotels, Bonaire Lodging, Bonaire Travel and Tourism
so that brings another option. Renting a condo, then getting the truck and tank rental packages separate. That might be a nice option to consider too...

Mark, I was actually looking at the exact same week for tickets. Also september is Coral spawning week. that would be great to see. And car pooling just might work. We will have to talk!

We stayed at Buddy Dive in April '08. The breakfast was included and we had a kitchenette room. We ate every lunch in the kitchenette and got groceries on our first day for the week. We couldn't dive the first day anyways since we hadn't had our intro session. That really saved money and time so we could get all our dives in.

We did some boat dives and I really enjoyed them. They were not crowded and after numerous dives a day with long surface swims and the work of getting into the water they were "easy".

I do not think we got 50% off at lunch at Buddy Dive so I don't know if this is something special you have to purchase or not. We did the night special at the pool bar which were a few times during the week. The Dive and Dine night was extremely well priced ($10 p/p). I really enjoyed BDR and the house reef is spectacular and easy to access.

Miranda

We'll be on Bonaire for 2 weeks in July and plan to do the same thing that Piikki described, including staying in Den Laman. We figure we can save a lot of money (and time) by eating our own breakfast and lunch then going out to dinner.

The more I look at things I am starting to think it may be best to rent a private Condo and then get the truck and tank rentals from one of the dive shops as opposed to staying at one of the all inclusive resorts. It seems the private condos are nicer and also priced a bit better. Am I right?

Ditto on Den Laman. We stayed there last year and will be returning in 10 days...yey! Very nice and modern units, great staff, and love the house reef.
Bonus: My husband and I received $150 vouchers each from AA since we got bumped off our return flight last year, so our tickets only cost about $250 each...another yey!!

ok, so I am one step closer to a stay at the Belmar. Does anybody know anything about them? It sure looks nice!

Ditto on Den Laman. We stayed there last year and will be returning in 10 days...yey! Very nice and modern units, great staff, and love the house reef.
Bonus: My husband and I received $150 vouchers each from AA since we got bumped off our return flight last year, so our tickets only cost about $250 each...another yey!!

wow, I am going to send them a mail too! that place looks nice! what type of room did you get? is the ocean view worth it?

Hi, Codyjp. We're returning to Den Laman because I don't think you can beat the value. Last year we just got a studio unit--facing the parking lot! But the room was still very nice. But this year our room, I think it's a 1-bedroom, has a "partial" oceanview--so we'll see if there is any difference. Anyway, I hope you enjoy your trip. Last Aug was our first trip to Bonaire and now plan to make it a yearly thing. 9 more days.......

Codyjp, we have stayed at the Belmar three times and it is a very nice place, I would highly recommend it. Their dive operation is done through Buddy's, and they have tanks and staff on site so you have two places to pick up tanks since you can you use the main Buddy's location drive through as well. We did some boat dives the first year we went but never felt the need to do it again.

Thanks for you help everybody!

Does anybody know any details on the coral spawnt this year? I think it is supposed to take place in September right?

Back
Top Bottom