Question--shore dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PaulaA

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey y'all.
My buddy and I are prone to bad seasickness. I do not want recommendations for medications. I would like to know if anybody has recommendations for diving locations (besides Bonaire) that has good shore diving. We've been to Bonaire dozens of times and would like to try some place new. Thanks!
Paula

Windward/Leeward Islands, they're all good.

With doubles, and decent endurance, you can play around the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel from First Landing (Virginia Beach)

Curacao, though it may be too much like Bonaire for your liking.

You didn't say if you are looking only for tropical destinations? If not there might be some US destinations too, like West Coast (I do not know much about).

Anyway, what I was going to bring up was places that have shore diving AND dive sites that are very short rides out on very calm, non-oceany waters. If you are not looking only for tropical waters, one place for puke-breaths is St Lawrence river. Many people who find boats a hurdle enjoy diving there. Great wreck diving, and warm waters in July-August (70F+). Rides to the sites are generally shortish, 10-30 minutes, and river water is nothing compared to ocean. Most days absolutely nothing to induce vomitous glory.

In addition, charter dives can be coupled with some nice shore dives (mostly free). If you have scooter even more so :wink:

However, you need to be comfortable with some current and green water but take a look if you haven't ever. 1000 Islands Diving would be a good search word, Brockville/Rockport are the main hotspots.

And what about Roatan?

Check out CoCo View or Reef House Resort in Roatan, both have excellant shore diving.

Thank you all so much. We've got lots of places to go now. The shore diving website is great!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom