Question re: Scubastore.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sytech

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am very interested in purchasing the Uwatec Luna Dive Computer w/transmitter.

The only place I see it being sold is at "Scubastore.com" @$888.00. I "think" they are in the UK . If they are would the Warranty cover me as I am in New Jersey.

Has anyone had any experience with this company or can someone recommend another reliable and authorized vendor here in the USA.?

Thanks,

Sy

CaLL IVS in Pennsylvania, and ask Bev to get you one. You will have a warr. and great customer service. They are closed until the 4th of January. LOL The best thing is the warr. In MIO. , it is the most important thing when spending that type of $$

Scubastore is located is Spain. Check from their site that are they authorized dealer for that item. If yes you should not have quarantee issues

While scubastore in Spain may be an authorized Scubapro dealer, Scubapro USA authorized retailers will not honor the warranty. You will have to take warranty issues back to scubastore or to Scubapro Service Centers for warranty service. Depending on the savings involved, that may or may not be worth it.

While scubastore in Spain may be an authorized Scubapro dealer, Scubapro USA authorized retailers will not honor the warranty. You will have to take warranty issues back to scubastore or to Scubapro Service Centers for warranty service. Depending on the savings involved, that may or may not be worth it.

For some additional clarification, ScubaPro Europe and ScubaPro USA are two different legal entities. Scubastore.com in Spain is an authorized dealer for ScubaPro Europe, not for ScubaPro USA.

So if you buy an item from scubastore.com not only will you be denied warranty service by your local dive shop, you will not be able to get warranty service even at a ScubaPro Service Center in the US. You will need to go through a ScubaPro Europe service center.

For some additional clarification, ScubaPro Europe and ScubaPro USA are two different legal entities. Scubastore.com in Spain is an authorized dealer for ScubaPro Europe, not for ScubaPro USA.

So if you buy an item from scubastore.com not only will you be denied warranty service by your local dive shop, you will not be able to get warranty service even at a ScubaPro Service Center in the US. You will need to go through a ScubaPro Europe service center.

Interesting, ScubaPro was our primary line when I was head instructor for a CA dive shop years ago. I received technical training & certification from ScubaPro in La Mesa, CA. I was under the impression that ScubaPro offered international warranties on their products purchased from AD's following ScubaPro's policies, which Scubastore is not. However, if what you say is correct, the ScubaPro products I buy when in France from AD retailers would be denied access to the ScubaPro international warranty benefits in the United States. I'm not talking about free battery programs or service kits, just the core product warranty. I don't know that I believe that?

Interesting, ScubaPro was our primary line when I was head instructor for a CA dive shop years ago. I received technical training & certification from ScubaPro in La Mesa, CA. I was under the impression that ScubaPro offered international warranties on their products purchased from AD's following ScubaPro's policies, which Scubastore is not. However, if what you say is correct, the ScubaPro products I buy when in France from AD retailers would be denied access to the ScubaPro international warranty benefits in the United States. I'm not talking about free battery programs or service kits, just the core product warranty. I don't know that I believe that?

What makes you think scubastore is not an AD? Copied from the list of authorized dealers on Scubapro.com:
scubastore
poligono industrial depal, nave 10
ulla,
girona
contact@scubastore.com
Scubastore. Online scuba-diving gear and scuba-diving equipment shop.

But I do agree with you on the "worldwide nature of the Scubapro Warranty. This is from the Scubapro Europe website:
Warranty
If your purchase was made in Europe, SCUBAPRO UWATEC complies with all laws governing European product guarantee and warranty, which generally stipulates that all products have an automatic 2-year guarantee with proof of purchase, not limited to the original owner. However, SCUBAPRO regulators and Twin Jet Max fins are covered by the SCUBAPRO Limited Lifetime Warranty and are guaranteed against any and all defects in materials and workmanship in accordance with the conditions fully described in the Conditions of Warranty you received with the regulator at the time of purchase. This warranty is valid only to the original owner and you must have your regulator serviced annually by an Authorised SCUBAPRO Dealer to maintain the lifetime warranty. It is valid through an Authorised SCUBAPRO Dealers worldwide.

And this from the Scubapro Amereicas website:
Warranty
SCUBAPRO warrants to the original consumer purchaser that, for the period of one year from date of purchase, each SCUBAPRO product component not otherwise warranted, and each SCUBAPRO replacement part, purchased from and authorized SCUBAPRO dealer will be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use and with reasonable maintenance. This warranty does not apply to any product or part used commercially. A list of authorized SCUBAPRO dealers can be obtained online at SCUBAPRO UWATEC | Deep Down You Want The Best - SCUBAPRO-UWATEC.

Note that the different consumer protection laws must result in somewhat different warranties.

What makes you think scubastore is not an AD? Copied from the list of authorized dealers on Scubapro.com:
scubastore
poligono industrial depal, nave 10
ulla,
girona
contact@scubastore.com
Scubastore. Online scuba-diving gear and scuba-diving equipment shop.

I am aware Scubastore is an AD, but are not "following ScubaPro's policies" by selling online. To that end the warranties from Scubastore would be void.

I am aware Scubastore is an AD, but are not "following ScubaPro's policies" by selling online. To that end the warranties from Scubastore would be void.

I believe that the online restriction is a Scubapro USA policy, not Scubapro Worldwide. Such a policy is simply not legal in some place (except the home of the free and land of the brave). While I'm sure a manufacturer can terminate a USA dealer for such a violation, I doubt if he can punish the consumer for such a purchase (or that they can even tell that a purchase as online rather than in store). A number of years ago when Scubatoys dropped their Scubapro line, they closed out their stock through online sales (at prices competetive with Leisurepro) and those items were covered by the Scubapro warranty.

Let's face it, scuba warranties in general and Scubapro warranties in particular are often not worth their costs (initial cost delta as well as the requirement for expensive and often unnecessary annual service). Personnally, I see warranties as a tertiary consideration that rarely trumps the best prices.

Back
Top Bottom