Question On ScubaSwap 2017

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CGE925

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm considering making the long drive from Montreal down to Scubaswap 2017 on 29 April. I have a lot of stuff I'd like to sell off and this seems like a good bet to help unload some of it. I've written an Email to the organizers through their website but had no response in over a week. Therefore, a question for those who have done Scubaswap in the past:

The website says that equipment dropoff is the Friday before, 28 April. To make this a simple day trip for me, is it possible to drop off equipment for sale early on the Saturday morning instead of the Friday night? Has anyone done this?

Thanks in advance....

Jeff from Montreal

Hi Jeff,

Let me get this answer for you. My thought is that this will be declined though, because the Saturday morning is such an intense flurry of activity by the group getting everything setup, that we don't have time to intake gear on Saturday.

J>

Are you not planning to stay over? That is a long drive to make both ways in one day as well as attend the Scuba swap?

Maybe you could arrange for someone you know in the GTA to get the equipment in for you on the Friday. Or post in the Montreal forum, maybe someone is already headed down and could take your gear. Just ideas!

The "Swap Heads" got back to me. Send a new email to this address:
swap@ouescuba.com

They tested, and can't be sure why your other emails didn't get through, as the forwards are working.

Thanks! have a great day.
>J

I'm considering making the long drive from Montreal down to Scubaswap 2017 on 29 April. I have a lot of stuff I'd like to sell off and this seems like a good bet to help unload some of it. I've written an Email to the organizers through their website but had no response in over a week. Therefore, a question for those who have done Scubaswap in the past:

The website says that equipment dropoff is the Friday before, 28 April. To make this a simple day trip for me, is it possible to drop off equipment for sale early on the Saturday morning instead of the Friday night? Has anyone done this?

Thanks in advance....

Jeff from Montreal

Are you not planning to stay over? That is a long drive to make both ways in one day as well as attend the Scuba swap?

Unfortunately, driving down the day before, incurring a hotel stay, etc, just isn't financially worth it, and I don't know anyone in the GTA. As to making it a day trip, I've done the 401 run as a day trip many times so it wouldn't be an issue, it just makes for long day. Heck, I could even hit the Swap in the AM and get in a few dives around Brockville on the way home. ;o)

I certainly do understand how busy early Saturday morning would be, but unfortunately, a multi-day trip just won't work for me.

The "Swap Heads" got back to me. Send a new email to this address:
swap@ouescuba.com

They tested, and can't be sure why your other emails didn't get through, as the forwards are working.

Thanks! have a great day.
>J

Thanks a bunch. That was the address I used, but I'll try it again.

Best regards...

Jeff

Jeff,
Maybe post on this thread or another thread what you are trying to sell, and how much you are asking for the items. If they sell this way, that'll save you a trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom