Question on Printing Photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So I tried a few at first at Costco and they turned out great! Then I got a few more done there and the quality wasn't so great. I asked someone about it and I guess it all depends on who is operating their printer... Think I may try a couple through mpix or bayphoto now

I had good results with printing pictures of big animals (sharks and rays) in a lot of blue water on canvas, by a consumer-oriented company (snapfish in Australia). For prints of very detailed macro shots, I went to a local pro photography shop, and they printed them with their 254 dpi printer on metcallic paper. The shots then got mounted behind acrylic, looks great, but it's 260$ for a 50x80cm print.

For many things, Costco is a great place (if you find one that has great operators). I mostly print my own (several printers) but for a really cool look take a gander at Alumart for printing on aluminum. Very very cool.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom