Question on Printing Photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Burghaps

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey Everyone,

I am looking to get some of my photos printed to hang in my house. I don't have any type of a photo quality printer so I am looking to take the images somewhere to get printed. I was wondering where you guys get your photos printed at that still retain the quality? I don't want to spend the money and have the prints not appear the same quality as on my computer. Walgreens, Kinkos?? Any suggestions would be appreciated! thanks!

I think shutterfly is a good place: Photo Books, Holiday Cards, Photo Cards, Birth Announcements, Photo Printing | Shutterfly

you can order high quality prints in a variety of sizes. You can even have a bunch of your photos put into a nice looking book too.

I should probably temper this advice with the fact that I have never used shutterfly, but have seen their work from others that have used their services. I have a large format printer at home and produce my own prints, but if I didn't, I would be using shutterfly.

Last edited:
I have used Walgreens to print my dive photos in poster sizes. They have turned out great. I have @ 20 framed poster size dive photos hanging around that look great.

It can be pricey but sign up for their email alerts. There are frequent sales of up to half off.

I use Bayphoto and use Endura metalic paper. It costs more than local stores but the prints are amazing. The added cost is nothing compared with what I spent on gear, getting to the location for the photo and the cost of framing/matting. If you use it, make certain to have the workers use cotton gloves and dust masks when the print is open. The slightest spittle reaching the print leaves a mark that cannot be removed and ruins the print. VERY touchy to use, magnificent to look at.

AdoramaPix.com seems to want to be a player in this... I had used Kodak in the past, but they are now the above mentioned "Shutterrfly". No experience with their quality.

hey im a artist i print wide format epson and i do canvass alot..costco has fairly cheep

but sublimation printing and printing on acrylic are the most amazing look acrylic printing online its not the cheapest way to go but its bright as can be in color and its printed backwards so the clear acrylis looks like glass dont scratch it but its rad

Are you looking for professional quality blowups to impress your friends? Or just some blurry shots to hang on the wall?

I use one of the local professional photo shops for any enlargements I want to hang on the wall. I have Emerson Fittipaldi, Pirmin Zurbriggen, Alberto Tamba and JoJo the dolphin all hanging on my bed room wall. Once in a life time shots, so I paid 50 bucks for each enlargement.

Done right. Well worth it. Don't go cheap on memories.

Actually these days, you may be best to just buy a very large monitor and go digital....

Thanks for all the help and feedback! I am by no means a professional, but I'm very happy and impressed with the shots I get :) My friends and family all love the photos, so I want to get some up on the walls. I was thinking between 11x14 up to 20x30 to get started and see how they turn out.

Hey Everyone,

I am looking to get some of my photos printed to hang in my house. I don't have any type of a photo quality printer so I am looking to take the images somewhere to get printed. I was wondering where you guys get your photos printed at that still retain the quality? I don't want to spend the money and have the prints not appear the same quality as on my computer. Walgreens, Kinkos?? Any suggestions would be appreciated! thanks!

If you are a Costco member, then the Costco on Lantana or the one in Boca on Congress Ave (your preference) would be the best choice because they have profiles for their printer you can download and they can make large sizes for a great price. Otherwise, I would use Mpix.com for better quality. If you are going to hang it in your house, you want a better quality.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom