Question on how the fusion is assembled?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aqua-Andy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I posted in the drysuit forum the mods I did to my suit but I thought I would ask here the reason the suit was built this way. The "on my suit at least" suit material is sewed to the inside of the cuff causing it to pucker around the cuff opening making the hole in the end of the sleeve/cuff smaller than it should be. If the material was sewn on the out side you would retain the full opening diameter and frankly it just looks better. I had a hell of a time getting the cuff of my undergarment past this section of the suit until I changed the way it was attached. I was just wondering why the suit was made this way?

Original design by manufacturer. 100_0787 (Small).jpg100_0790 (Small).jpg

Updated attachment by end user.100_0789 (Small).jpg100_0805 (Small).jpg

I don't have any pictures yet with the Velcro on but it is now attached to the suit material over where it attaches to the cuff. You can see the opening in the after pictures is quit a bit larger than in the before pictures.

Over two weeks and no response from Whites? Have they seen this before? Evidently several other people have seen this issue also.

I'm not sure how much Whites is monitoring here any more. The person who used to do most of it no longer works there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom