Question for Zeagle BC Owners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If anyone knows specifically which type / model BC you think would be best for me, based on my physical issues (limitations) as mentioned in this thread, please let me know and post a pic or 2 if possible.

Thanks

Call ScubaToys. They're a huge Zeagle dealer and have great customer service.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Call ScubaToys. They're a huge Zeagle dealer and have great customer service.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's definitely not a shortage of people / stores selling them. The issue is trying one on, and probably have to try and get one specifically made, and modified, so I can handle it with my physical limitations.

That's why I need to speak with Mr. Zeagle or Zeagle Corp.

While those dealers might not carry them in their stores in stock they are capable of ordering them direct from the manufacturer as they are an authorized dealer.

That being said I cant say as I have honestly EVER seen a Zeagle BC in stock. The thing about Zeagle BCs is that you are measured for one and then one is ordered. There are different combinations of parts that come together to fit on you in a comfortable manner. I believe Zeagle calls this the Personal Fit System. The good thing is that you get a BC that is completely designed to fit your specific body type shape and size. Also should you be of the younger persuasion the BC will be able to grow with you as your size and weight change.

If anyone knows specifically which type / model BC you think would be best for me, based on my physical issues (limitations) as mentioned in this thread, please let me know and post a pic or 2 if possible.

Thanks

As to what model would work that depends on the diving you will be doing. I know that most Zeagle BCs can be set up to run duals. However (especially if you have buddies still in) will you be doing any "public safety" style diving from helos? Will you be an Instructor/DiveCon/DM? Will you be doing more Rec/Wreck/Tech diving? How much weight do you typically carry with an AL80 (as a point of reference)? Will you need extra lift above this to help out a buddy/student/anchor? (dont recommend but some people just seem to do it anyways)

All of the above are questions which will help you determine which model will be better for you. That being said as i have said previously Zeagles are interchangeable for the most part so if you discover that 44lbs of lift is not enough and you need to "move up" to 65 later on you could just buy a new bladder instead of a whole new BC.

I would encourage you to send Scott (Zeagle) a private message through this board. Explain that you are an injured veteran and ask him if having a custom build BC is possible with a left hand ripcord pull. Odds are that he will be able to accommodate you.

As someone who has been diving a Zeagle for 7 years, I have nothing but great things to say about the ripcord system. Once I rethreaded it one time, it proved to be a simple process that takes no more than 3 minutes.

I know most of your questions have already been answered but.... A couple of years ago Scott Zeagle on this site worked with another vet. I believe he lost his right arm and was not comfortable releasing the weight with his left arm, so Scott worked with him and they made a ranger or it might have even been a Brigade with the ripcord on the right for no extra cost. It may have been the left arm, but the point is Zeagle went out of there and redesigned one of there BC' to help one of our solders. "Zeagle" an American company that helps Americans, what a concept:wink:

I know most of your questions have already been answered but.... A couple of years ago Scott Zeagle on this site worked with another vet. I believe he lost his right arm and was not comfortable releasing the weight with his left arm, so Scott worked with him and they made a ranger or it might have even been a Brigade with the ripcord on the right for no extra cost. It may have been the left arm, but the point is Zeagle went out of there and redesigned one of there BC' to help one of our solders. "Zeagle" an American company that helps Americans, what a concept:wink:

That's absolutely FANTASTIC to hear, especially being a Veteran (the taking taking care of Americans part). Thanks for the notice.

Doc - yes I plan to get back into doing what I can with my buddies. They will be able to do more advanced things, as you can imagine, but they understand where I am at physically and respect that, and push me to do ALL I can do and nothing less. Help Casts are extremely fun and still capable of being done :) At the end of this journey is potentially teaching. I don't like how it's being taught to new students and I would like to make a difference. Unfortunately I will probably NOT be able to get into too much tech diving and I can accept that. I have to be realistic with myself; setting unrealistic goals that I simply cannot do physically does nothing but discourage the mind. So either I will end up in the wreck exploration field, or hopefully teaching rec. Usually I'm wearing 8lbs in my Sherwood (weight integrated) with no wetsuit worn at all, 90% saltwater dives. I am in FL and the water is nice. However on a dive recently I got stung 60+ times by jellyfish so I will now be wearing a full light Lycra suit for "protection" lol.

It sounds like the Zeagle IS for me and that is very exciting news.

And I like the way the thing looks too; especially with the US Flag and the Ranger logo (with I have BOTH in patch form on my BC now :wink: )

If anyone knows Mr. Zeagle could you please direct him to this thread. Or PM him and ask him to contact me; either PM here or via my email:

USVet96@gmail.com

Thanks

I would check out the thread http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/bu...h-first-last-bc-most-will-ever-need-want.html
While it is focusing on the ExpressTech BC it does have a lot of common characteristics that carry over to other Zeagle BCs.

I myself prefer the Ranger and the 911 (911 is easier for students and others to see in low vis and at night with the reflective strips). I have found that both of these provide sufficient lift to aid someone. Especially the 911 with its 65lbs of lift!

Perhaps while awaiting a PM from ScottZeagle you could check out the Zeagle webpage and get an idea of what you might prefer?

Zeagle Systems, BCs, Regulators, and Scuba Accessories

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom