Question for HP quick disconnnect owners...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaroo

Contributor
Reaction score
1. Has anyone ever had one of these fail or leak?
2. How much length do they add to a HP hose?

Reason I'm asking is that I'm about to be the owner of two different sets of regulators, and short of paying for a second transmitter (not likely!), I wish to be able to move my Vytec transmitter from regulator to regulator as needed (this is for singles and doubles diving). I would rather not risk cross-threading or damaging either the regulator or transmitter with repetitive unscrewing and tightening, so I was kicking around the idea of using a 2 x 6" HP hose with a quick disconnect on the transmitter, and I can just move the transmitter from hose to hose on each reg set depending on what I was diving. It would also help with hose routing on the doubles, as the transmitter hits the tank if mounted down in some routing configurations. Just *really* worried about unecessarily introducing a new failure point with the quick disconnection. And no I'm not going to stop using AI to get around the problem! :eek:ut:

Scubapro QD adds about 1.75 inches to total length. It screws in to a 1st stage HP port. I didn't know that both ends of HP hose were same size. I used mine for a couple years with no trouble but retired it when I realized how seldom I seperated the computer from the rig. About never.

I've never had a problem w/ any ScubaPro QD at all. One of my friends had a problem w/ one of his - but...he's cursed by ScubaPro so we don't count his problems anymore =)

Seriously though - I like them. I especially like being able to disconnect my computer and put it into it's own protective case.

Back
Top Bottom