Question for HOG users ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spend lots of time in mid 40* water.

Been in 31* water twice. Each was on our yearly ice training. The fire department cut though almost 2' of ice so we could access the water...... GF was with me.

Playing victim for the fire department and SAR to "rescue" me.
11313_148695235293871_115862004_n.jpg

Here is what it looks like from the underside.
857184_148696131960448_1944593432_o.jpg

Sorry it would not let me direct link the pics from my FB

why would someone dive in a situation like this?

as someone who was born and still live in a country that enjoys 360 days of constant burning sun, just touching the water is considered cold to me. i can understand diving in cold water but ice !!

do you cover your lips and face while under water ?

to me diving is all about adventure but diving under an ice break !!

and sorry for breaking in

Because it's fun! Freezing your cahoneys to get 100 ft vis in places where you normally have 20 or less. The additional challenge of an overhead that you can see through. The lack of incompetent divers in and around the water mucking things up. People who ice dive tend to be serious and plan better, are better buddies, and have generally better skills. Otherwise they don't get in the water. And most of all the hot sippin chili, hot fudge brownies, and the fact that it's recommended you take in 5000 - 7000 calories a day for a day or two to build up reserves prior means you can eat damn good and damn near anything!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom