Question for BP/Wings users

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gearhead... you are not that far off from Bens jacketed BP weight.
He was at 28 lbs., you were at 30 lbs.. If you got the S/S backplate instead of the Aluminum backplate (?).... you will have even less to worry about weight wise.

Let us know when you get the rig... and if you are happy. Where did you purchase from?

Hi CD,

I bought the whole setup from DansDiveShop in Canada. The sales staff was great, but the exchange rate was even better. :wink:
Regarding the weight issue, I'm definitely getting a Stainless backplate, but even with that, I'm going to need more in my pockets than the smaller system can contain.
I'll drop another post in this thread once the gear shows up to let you guys know if everything was as advertised over the phone.

Cheers,

GearHead

The package arrived!!

I received the BP/wings via FedEx one business day after ordering just as they said over the phone. Also, as expected, the harness system was installed (including bent D-rings, innertube pieces, buckle, hose-bungie, cam straps, and adjustable crotch strap) as well as the ACB ditchable weight system I ordered. I'm definitely going to have to do some micro adjusting so that the straps are just right for me, but I don't think it will take that long.

Regarding the ACB system, my initial impression, without having gotten underwater with it, is that I'm glad I got this one and not the smaller capacity ACB+. There's no way that I could get the amount soft weight I need into each pocket of the smaller one. In fact, in the larger system, 15 lbs of softweight just won't fit at all, contrary to what they're rated, but luckily I'm only trying to get 13 in per pocket which is a squeeze, but fits. So far, I haven't been able to successfully get a fully loaded weight pack into one of the pockets and locked into place while wearing the Backplate. With the waist-strap on, there's too much tention to get the pocket all the way back into the receiver. I suppose I will be mounting the weights in place before I put on the BC, or ask my dive buddy to help out with that.

That said, I think this system ended up being a good deal at just over $600.00. I'll be shopping at Dan's Dive Shop again.

Cheers,

GearHead

Back
Top Bottom