Question for Atomic Owners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Downing [...] Your suggestion for fixing the problem by "getting over it and buying a rebreather" is childish, arrogant and narrow minded. If that is the way you choose to communicate on this forum, then you might consider expressing yourself somewhere else. Or... perhaps you would like to trade me your regulator for my B2!

Kroorda, that was someone else's suggestion, not mine.

But in any case, I don't want to swap my T2x for your B2! :D

Again, sorry to hear you're having problems and I hope you're able to work it out to your satisfaction.

Downing, The squeal from my B2 is loud enough to be heard from a diver 15' away. The squeal comes from the 1st stage which is only inches away from my head - which makes it particularly annoying to me. As I've indicated in a previous post, I've breathed off of other regs, (including a T1, a Sherwood SR1, an Oceanic EOS, and another B) and all of them were quiet. Likewise, the owners of those regs breathed off of my B2 regulator while I was trying their regulators, and my regulator squealed for them. Likewise, all of them told me that my reg drove them nuts! Your suggestion for fixing the problem by "getting over it and buying a rebreather" is childish, arrogant and narrow minded. If that is the way you choose to communicate on this forum, then you might consider expressing yourself somewhere else. Or... perhaps you would like to trade me your regulator for my B2!

Why don't you try getting the B2 sealed. It may just stop the squeal and is worth a try.

Adam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom