Question and Answer (a game)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good answer. That's gotta be my favorite smiley-dude, the :wtf: one.

The answer to the one about unstoppables/immovables (drumroll): The definition of the unstoppable force would involve it having infinite momentum, and the immovable would have infinite inertia. Therefore the unstoppable force would have infinite energy, and the immovable object would be able to absorb an infinite amount of energy. So, there would be an infinite transfer of energy between the unstoppable force and the immovable object.

Quite simple, actually.

If a plane descends at 500 feet per minute, and the plane in question is at 10,000 feet and 30 minutes from the destination, how long should the pilots wait until beginning their descent so as to arrive at sea level when directly over its destination?

OK, I am only halfway though Topics in Physics... I am not quite sure how to figure this one out.

Q: Right now we are doing vectors, so does that have anything to do with it? Can I get a hint as to how to set this baby up?

Mmm, not really. Hint: You're in the wrong book.
Think of it this way: In 500fpm descent, every 2 minutes you go down 1,000 feet. So, how long does it take to go down 10,000 feet?

No, they should start the descent 20 minutes out. Or 10 minutes from where they are now.

How many grains are in a gram?

5, I think.

What is the maximum recommended PO2 for a non-decompression gas?

1.4 ata(?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom