Question and Answer (a game)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that a trick question?

The fuel is aluminum.

But the propellant mixture in each solid rocket booster motor contains:

an ammonium perchlorate (oxidizer)
aluminum (fuel),
iron oxide (a catalyst),
a polymer (a binder to hold the mixture together), and
an epoxy curing agent

How did I do? Are you proud of me yet? :wink:

Okay, those weren't the actual next questions. The next question is:

What happens to the solid rocket boosters after the launch and they separate from the spacecraft and fall back to earth?

ScubaFishee:
Is that a trick question?

The fuel is aluminum.

But the propellant mixture in each solid rocket booster motor contains:

an ammonium perchlorate (oxidizer)
aluminum (fuel),
iron oxide (a catalyst),
a polymer (a binder to hold the mixture together), and
an epoxy curing agent

How did I do? Are you proud of me yet? :wink:

Okay, those weren't the actual next questions. The next question is:

What happens to the solid rocket boosters after the launch and they separate from the spacecraft and fall back to earth?

They burn up in the atmosphere. lol, what do you think G-Unit is?

Actually they don;t burn up, they fall into the ocean. Recent Diver magazine had an article on submersibles and they're experimenting with using a Nuytech submersible to recover them.

How many days since your last dive?

Fishee - I'm grinnin' like a fiend here, you are hooked on NASA :)

last dive was er.. 23 or 24 days ago. It was after Charley and before Frances. A few attempts have been qualshed due to poor vis, sewage spills, and hurricanes.

Who invented the dive flag as we know it?

The Russians? :eyebrow: (Actually, I know it's supposed to have been an American guy, but I've seen claims by at least 3 people that they invented it).

Should cell phones be banned from dive boats?

Noooooo. Mine has DAN's number programmed in speed dial and the DAN sticker with the number stuck on the back.

Why are four foot seas diveable in NC but cause for cancellation on the Great Lakes?

No, but they should be left off unless an emergency requires their use.

True of false: Many fruits, including apples and pears, are members of the rose family.

ScubaFishee:
Why are four foot seas diveable in NC but cause for cancellation on the Great Lakes?
Cause they have more seaworthy boats in NC? :wink: Actually, 4 foot seas in an ocean are generally much further apart (swells) than in the Great lakes (waves), so the boats in the ocean move up and down 4 feet, but don't pitch around so badly. Lake Erie is the worst, where at 4 feet they can be very steep waves. Georgian Bay, where it's deep, 4 footers are not bad at all.

Do you get seasick?

Thanks!!! I did seriously want to know about that four foot seas thing.

I have only gotten seasick the one time, and it was from taking seasick pills! Honestly.

Did you ever dive from an inflatable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom